The following article will help the individuals to know all the possible causes that can lead to the process of negative thinking. If this situation is left un-treated it can lead to many physical and psychological impairments that will eventually affect the overall quality of one’s life. All the treatment options including the help of medications and without medicines will be discussed.
It is the process of repeatedly thinking negatively about oneself and the surroundings. Thoughts are automatic, repeated and random without any explanation.
REASONS BEHIND NEGATIVE THINKING:
Possible causes that can contribute to negative thinking are as follows:
- Sensitive nature
- Stress, can be domestic or workplace related.
- History of Abuse either physical or mental
- Repeated failures
- Psychological ailments can lead to negative thinking
- Some medications can cause negative thoughts
- Drug abuse history
EFFECTS OF NEGATIVE THINKING ON MIND AND BODY:
Negative thinking can have the following impacts on the human body:
- Social anxiety
- Low self esteem
- Effecting the immune system of the body.
- Mood swings
- Poor eating habits
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Overall effects the physical and psychological health of an individual.
HOW TO HELP IF YOU ARE HAVING NEGATIVE THOUGHTS?
Having negative thoughts for a short period of time is common for example after a bad dream or if you are awaiting some result but when you are having negative thoughts for no apparent reason and you are unable to stop that process of negative thinking and it has started to affect your daily activities then one should start searching for cures available. The management of negative thinking can be divided into the following sub categories:
- Self-management techniques
- Psychological counselling
- Management via medications
Self-management is the practice to pause and re-consider that where you are going wrong. Following are some of the methods by which you can start treating yourself:
- Self-awareness: knowing yourself, prioritizing things and then trying to find the offending or triggering stimulus.
- Mindfulness: it is related to meditation and observing yourself from another person perspective and evaluating your thinking. Mindfulness helps in mastering the art of emotional reactions to the situations.
- Identify the negative thoughts in black and white such as:
- Jumping to conclusions
- Negative labelling oneself
- Emotional reasoning
- Personalization while blaming
If one is unable to control the process of negative thinking then one needs to see an expert hat can help them cope up with the situation. Ideally the treatment should start without involving medicines and only through psychological session. Following is the treatment protocol:
- CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy)
- Breathing exercises
- Yoga practice
- Maintaining a healthy routine with adequate sleep
- Balanced nutrition
- Reducing un-necessary screen time
PHARMACOLOGICAL APPROACHES TO HELP WITH THE SIGN AND SYMPTOMS OF NEGATIVE THINKING:
If non-pharmacological approach has not proved fruitful enough then it can be combined with medicines and medicines alone can be tried to counter the situation. UK Sleeping pills that can help are as follows:
- Prescription Sleeping pills
Prescription sleeping pills UK are those controlled sleeping pills that are available on the provision of the prescription and can help the person calm down and have a sound sleep as they have sedative, hypnotic, anti-convulsant, amnesic and muscle relaxant properties. Examples are zopiclone and zolpidem.
- Over the counter sleeping pills
Over the counter sleeping pills UK are the medicines that can be purchased without any receipt and antihistamines and anti-allergic are the most commonly used over the counter option.
- Organic supplemental aid
Melatonin hormone is taken as it is the hormone that regulates the sleep and helps in inducing sleep. Any exposure to blue light (mobiles, electronic gadgets and laptops) or light will affect the sleep cycle as it interferes with the concentration of melatonin in the blood stream that is required to initiate the process of sleep. Herbal tea and organic extracts of specific flowers helps in reducing the anxiety levels and induce sleep and calmness.
- Anti-depressants, anxiolytics and tranquilizers
Antidepressants and tranquilizers also help in improving the condition by helping in stabilizing the mood, reducing anxiety and panic attacks and inducing sleep and overall calming the nerves by reducing the activity level of the brain.
WHERE TO GET THE MEDICATION?
Individuals can buy sleeping pills online from different websites and from the drug stores. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle and staying positive is the key to avoid negative thinking, if help is required don’t hesitate to seek out for help from experts.